Monday, July 28, 2008

Best weekend

I already talked about Warped Tour, so I'll talk about the two BANGIN' phillies games:
Saturday, we get down to the park and everything, find a good spot in right field and wait for pictures.
I got pictures with Geoff, Chad, Jimmy, Ryan Howard, Ryan Madson, Coste, Brunt, Jayson, Kyle, Jamie, PAT, and Charlie Manuel, so that was sweet.
Met up with Julie before the game started, we hung by the Braves bullpen till about the 3rd, then we went and met up with Deanna and Devon.
So Cole had a meltdown, and gave up nine runs in one inning.
Poor baby.
The fifth inning, Deanna turns to me and says:
I don't know why, but I feel like this is going to be a big inning for us.
Then, the first three runners get on base. Ryan Howard knocks two of them in.
Then Pat and Jayson, I think, got out.
Ryan's on second, Coste on first? And Greg comes up to bat :-)
HE HITS A 3-RUN HOMER.
ME AND DEANNA ARE FREAKING OUT.

then we won, 10-9.
holllllla.

then yesterday, me and joe get there early and stand behind 122. the first inning, Blanton gives up two runs. Then they play until the bottom of the third & it's crazy lightning and thunder, my GOD. it was FREEZING too. So we wait it out blah blah blah, nothing happens until Adam Eaton decids he wants to give them THREE MORE RUNS. then we go walk around to find food & we stand by the third base side. Coste hits a two-run homerun, and then the next two runners get on and SHANE is up to bat with two men on. Joe turns to me and goes "Shane Victorino, three-run homer. I'm calling it." What does Shane do? Hit a homerun! Jayson hit a two-run homerun, Pat hit one, and Jimmy hit one.
Awesome.
Then our bullpen NEARLY blows it but doesn't.

Phils won 12-10.
Fucking awesome. Would be better if the Mets would just do dive off a cliff, but IDC.

xoxo,
megan.

No comments: