Monday, September 1, 2008

But I'm not impressed, and I'm definitely not excited

God, I'm fucking done.
My emotional state of being has been thrown around so carelessly lately.
I go from one end of the spectrum to the other.
But, then again, I realized today that I don't have as many mood fluctuations as people think.

It seems I do, because on the surface, I go from being happy to upset in an instant.
And I overreact, in some people's minds, a LOT.
But what really is occurring isn't a mood swing at all -
it's the emotion that is under my thin surface coming to the top, when a little thing infuriates me.
I am constantly putting up a front, pretending to be happy - but I'm not.
Rarely am I truly happy, anymore.
So really - it's not a mood swing.
It's a breaking of my barrier that I put up between myself and the rest of the world.


The Phillies and their pathetic play of late aren't helping.
Maybe all that will change come Flyers season, but I can't predict how that season will go.
I can't hope that it will go better than last, that's asking a lot of the team.
I just hope they play with as much heart as last year, and they continue to play Flyers hockey.

Whatever.

xoxo,
megan.

No comments: