Friday, December 26, 2008

We're still waiting for the fire

Jesus Christ, I can't believe that it's December 26th.
Tomorrow, I will be meeting and seeing All Time Low.
Words cannot explain how pumped I am.

2008 is coming to a close in a few short days.
It has been an overall good year, although I have reached my lowest points to-date.
I rang in the new year with my family at Kate's annual party.
The first event that sticks out in my mind was attending my first Flyers game in March, against the Thrashers. They won.
The next was seeing All Time Low for the first time, on April 10. I was not that big of a fan, but I definitely was digging the show.
Next is the Backyard BBQ, All Time Low round 2.
That was a very interesting day, jeeeze.
My freshman year came to a close, with me having a 3.88 GPA. Not bad, I think.
July was my first Warped Tour. Amazing day, really.
September brought a new school year, and a new crush. The school year is terrible, and the crush is still a crush.
October meant I was finally fifteen, and I met Caleb Turman at an amazing concert dubbed "Sassyback."
October also meant dreams being fulfilled for the whole sports nation known as the Philly sports fans.
October 29, 2008 - the day I will remember forever. The Philadelphia Phillies, my favorite sports team ever, won the World Series, behind Cole Hamels, Brad Lidge, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Jimmy Rollins, and Pat Burrell. However, those are just the big names. This team was defined by the bit players that showed up at the times they were most needed. Names like Greg Dobbs, Eric Bruntlett, Chris Coste, and Joe Blanton will forever be remembered by Phillies Phans of various generations.
November was a month of heroes and music. November 13th meant The Academy Is... and We the Kings, with Deena. November 17th, I met Jamie Tworkowski. Man, that man has a way with words.
November 18th - Jack's Mannequin concert with my brother. Andrew is amazing, beyond words. He's my hero, for sure.
November 29th was the last day of the Comprimising Of Tour with Charlene. That, too, was amazing.
December has been uneventful, minus me having more of a social life than ever. I only really have two people I hang out with, but still.

All in all, I am very grateful for this year and I'm sad to see it end.

No comments: