Friday, November 28, 2008

When the plane came in, she said it was crashing

So, I know I'm only a sophomore.
And I don't have to worry about SATs until next May, but to increase my vocabulary, I'm going so start doing a "word of the day", that I found on a website, and using it in a sentence.

bumptious

(adjective) [BUMP-shahs]

1. offensively self-assertive; pushy; self-important: "The bumptious and slightly drunk employee planted herself square in the middle of the holiday party exit, ostensibly to discuss her promotion."

adverb form: bumptiously
noun form: bumptiousness

So, for my sentence:
After Thanksgiving dinner, we all understood why Mark was so bumptious. His younger brother was an even bigger prick than he!


Fun with words :D
I hate Thanksgiving, the whole concept of it.
It is such a fake holiday, because we all stand around and act like we want to see these family members, or say that we're thankful for things that we really take for granted. I don't want to interract with people I hate, so why should I? I mean, I guess that means I'm thankful I don't have to see them on a regular basis, but whatever. The fakeness of Thanksgiving is so different from the fakeness of Christmas. For the few weeks before Christmas, the Christmas spirit takes over everyone. Perhaps it's the cold weather, or the beautifulness of snow on the ground, but the crime rate goes down, and kindness goes up. However, for Thanksgiving, it is only one day and it's people FAKING happiness. I don't know, it's just such an annoying holiday. The only good thing about it is the football.

Which, speaking of, Central sucks. Terribly. They played yesterday, as is the tradition, against Northeast. They lost 38-0, and the only good part was the fight. That's right, a Central player shoved a Northeast player, and then a bench-clearing brawl erupted. That was actually amazing. I was walking back from the bathroom with Mariya, and then all of a sudden, everyone on the Central side started cheering. Then, I stood on my tip-toes, because I thought we were playing well or something, and BAM, there's kids rolling around on the grass. They had the cops come to break it up, and everything. They actually debated ending the game early, so that more tensions wouldn't arise. However, they let them finish out the game, with Northeast playing their 2nd string players.

No comments: