Monday, November 10, 2008

Take this all the way, anyway you want to.

Why do people care so much about whether or not a band is nice?
Why does that matter?
I mean, they sit there and criticize the bands who aren't sitting there hanging out with their fans, but I praise those bands. It shows that they don't need to be accepted by their fans, and loved as individuals. There's a difference between loving and respecting the fans for supporting you, and becoming their bffs. Why does it matter to a band member if he has a bad interaction with a fan? I mean, doesn't it matter more if they have a bad interaction with the people they see every day? I would care more about my best friend's opinion of me than a total stranger I have met once.

When you get disappointed because a band was "rude" or "mean", it's pretty much your own fault. By expecting someone to be nice, you are setting yourself up to be let down. I know that's a pessimistic way to look at the world, but it's the truth. Unfortunately, with the way the world is today, you can't go into the real world and expect people to be nice to you. Notice how someone saying "Hi" and smiling at someone you don't know is considered an act of kindness, while ignoring a total stranger is a social norm. It is not possible to be nice to every single human being you run into, and the more you interact with, the more you are "rude" to.

And also, the girl's who claim a band member was mean don't even know what "mean" is. They get mad because someone didn't smile fully in their picture with them. I mean, I don't like taking a million pictures with people I know, and most people don't. What makes you think they should have to force a smile for a picture with a person that means little to nothing to them? You have no idea what their day was like, how can you judge them on one meeting? For all you know, someone close to them could have died. However, the show must go on. They can't just hide inside, because a lot of people prefer to repress their feelings on a situation for at least a day, and go through their normal routines and then just break down. I don't know, that's just how I feel.

I can not STAND when people stop listening to a band because they did not like their personalities. Why should the way they act towards you affect what pleases your ears? Obviously, you were a fan for the wrong reasons if that makes you stop listening to them.

OH AND THIS PISSES ME OFF THE MOST: Needing to meet the band at EVERY SINGLE CONCERT. I hate hate hate when I see girls post bulletins saying "Well, I guess it was a good show, but since I didn't meet so and so, the night sucked." SHUT THE FUCK UP, AND BE GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GO. To me, the live show matters more than the actual bands. I would so much rather see a great live performance and not meet everybody, than meet all of the band members and then find they suck live. It's a waste of money.

Dunno, just had to get that off my chest.

No comments: